Friday, March 23, 2012

Since Yesterday

I went to the pharmacy after work.  No Vivelle!  They didn't have a record of the prescription at all.  It was after 5, so I emailed Barb and *amazingly* she emailed right back, and then called the pharmacy and got everything straightened out.  Rick had to go pick up the Vivelle later on (which was apparently its own headache-- we only have 2 out of 3 boxes for now), but at least we got it!  I put on the first patch this morning.

After the pharmacy excitement, I came home and got a call from Texas Fertility rescheduling my appointment because their ultrsound tech would be out.  So the appointment got bumped to 8:30 with Dr. Hansard.  No problem.


That's a beautiful way to start the day, isn't it?  Ha!  On the other side of this picture is me, waiting for Dr. Hansard to come in and do the ultrasound.  It ended up being very fast.  I'd met Dr. Silverberg before, but this was my first time meeting Dr. Hansard-- she was very friendly and efficient.  My uterus looked just as she expected it to at this stage of my cycle (day 3).  My endometrial lining is "virtually nonexistant" at 2.9mm.  My right ovary was "beautiful" and had 10 follicles.  The left looked good too and had 8 follicles.  And that was it.  Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

When I was checking out, I asked about the estradiol test.  There was some confusion, but ultimately, they told me just to take the order from Houston IVF to the lab (it didn't matter which one, they said).  I wish I had known I could do it on my own-- I would have gone early this morning, before the appointment.  But no big deal.  I drove back to the CPL lab by my house - I've had so much bloodwork related to surrogacy at this point that I definitely have a preferred lab.  By now it was about 9:15, so the lab was crowded and I had to wait.  But eventually, they called me back.  My phlebotomist was actually an ACC student and I had to agree to let her draw my blood, but she was great.  Just one vial.  Easy peasy.  After the FDA testing I did this fall (15 vials, I think?), this was nothing!

Huh.  It just occured to me that I'd already had on this estrogen patch for about 2 hours when the test was run.  I wonder if it works fast enough for that to matter?  In any case, the level will be way higher when they test again in a couple of weeks.

N had already texted me to see how the appointment went by the time I was in the waiting room at the lab.  We're both so excited that things are moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment