Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Specifics

Today is my anniversary!  Rick and I had lunch at one of my favorite places and he brought me flowers to work.  And while he was at the office, we got the contract signed, notarized, and mailed.  Romantic, right? 

When I got back from lunch, Jennifer at Texas Fertility called to set up my appointment tomorrow at 8:00 am.  My orders say: "Labwork: Estradiol [STAT]" and "Ultrasound: Uterus: Baseline/Endometrial Thickness/Endometrial Pattern (Triple or Homogenous)."  So that's on tap first thing tomorrow morning.

Then, Leslee Murphy called.  Unfortunately, she won't be in the office next Thursday to do our psych eval.  Boo.  So I'll still go to Houston (by myself) on Thursday for the hysteroscopy and Rick will stay home.  Rick and I will both go to Houston for our appointment with Leslee on Wednesday, 4/4.  We will meet with her together, then I will take the MMPI, and then all four of us (adding N and M) will meet together.  As it turns out, I'm supposed to have a lining check that day too, so I'll schedule that with Dr. Hickman instead of at Texas Fertility (who would have done it otherwise).

The appointment madness has officially begun!

Tomorrow I start using Vivelle estrogen patches.  Each patch stays on for two days.  I'll use 1 tomorrow, 2 the next application, then 3, then 4 for three more applications.  Then they'll do a lining check on 4/4 to be sure I respond as expected.

And I guess that should be about all there is to my mock cycle.  4/4 will be CD15, so mid-cycle.  I don't know if they'll just leave my cycle to end normally or if they'll give me a course of prometrium.  And I don't have any idea what the plan is on N's side of things.  But CD1 of my next cycle could be somewhere around 4/18 and I'm imagining we could possibly transfer anywhere from 2-8 weeks after that.  So May, maybe?  Last time, I transferred exactly 30 days after CD1.  I know every protocol is different, but using that timing as a rule of thumb, egg retrieval would be right near my birthday/Mother's Day (which has to be a good sign!), and the due date would be in early February next year-- a little Groundhog's Day baby.  Hey, I'm nothing if not a planner!

No comments:

Post a Comment