Monday, March 26, 2012

Vivelle

I emailed Barb today just to check in.  I'm still bleeding heavily on CD6, which is unusual for me, and I feel like it's heavier in the past two days (since I put on 2 patches).  She replied that it was likely just my body adjusting to the changed estrogen level and that it would taper off, but to be in touch if it increased.  I'm glad she's not concerned-- I was a little worried about building a beautiful endometrial lining if my body is still in flush-it-out mode.  Hopefully it does taper off in the next day or so.

I'm also having headaches, but according to the literature, that's a side effect in 50% of women, so no worries there.  Just caught the wrong end of the coin flip.

Speaking of unlucky events-- and this has nothing to do with surrogacy-- on Saturday, I used my teeth to squeeze some lime juice into my iced tea.  It spritzed a little on my face, but I got called off to do something right then and didn't think anything of it.  Spent the afternoon in the beautiful sunshine at a school carnival.  Yesterday, I broke out in a blistery rash all around my mouth.  Lime juice + sun = phytophotodermatitis (also called margarita dermatitis!).  Ick!  It's a similar skin reaction to poison ivy or sunburn.  I should have known better because it happened to Rick's hands a couple of years ago when we were at the beach.  But alas, I didn't and now I have a lovely momento of my lime iced tea.

In happier news, I ran a 10K with my older daughter yesterday.  Despite being thoroughly untrained, we had a good time.  She's telling me she'll run the 10-mile race I'm signed up for in a couple of weeks with me.  We'll see about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment