Friday, August 3, 2012

11 weeks

Still not a whole lot to report, which is a good thing.  Boring is what you're looking for in a pregnancy.  My intense cravings have stopped, as far as I can tell.  Fun while it lasted.  Still having bouts of nausea, but overall, I'm still astounded by how minimal morning sickness has been this time around.  It usually doesn't fully let up for me until 14-15 weeks, so I may not be completely out of the woods yet, but thus far, this has been one kind baby.

Can't quite put the whole "large uterus" thing out of my head.  Now that I know that most people's is just over the pubic symphysis at this point, there's no denying that mine has far outgrown that.  I'd say it's as high as 2-ish inches below my belly button and when I google that, it says 16 weeks pregnant.  I'm still not showing, though, and still wearing my regular clothes (which are, admittedly, very forgiving).  I wonder what Dr. Berry will say about it, if anything.  Maybe this baby is just tall, like his sister.

I'm definitely looking forward to our appointment next week.  Dr. Berry has seen me for all of my pregnancies.  He did level II ultrasounds for both of my girls, and then quite a bit of follow-up starting mid-pregnancy with my surrogate pregnancy.  I think he's so sharp and I really trust his judgment-- I feel lucky to have the chance to work with him again.

This week, the baby is somewhere between 1.5 and 2 inches long (unless my exceptional height theory is right).  All those little organs are fully formed and growing.  This next stretch of development is a huge explosion of growth.  He's already turning somersaults and kicking/moving his arms, but I can't feel any of that yet.

The star of our show:


No comments:

Post a Comment