Friday, August 24, 2012

14 weeks = Second Trimester!

Yes!  Second trimester!  Woohoo!  1/3 cooked.

Before all of the drama on Wednesday, I had intended to post that I considered myself 3 months pregnant on that day-- counting backwards from our due date.  Still not really showing.  I haven't gained weight yet either, which is typical for me.  I'll likely gain some in the second trimester and pack it on in the third.  Race to the finish.

I do think I'm starting to feel a little better.  Not all the way, but definitely an improvement from the week in Chicago.  It really seems pretty isolated to the evening at this point, so that's liveable.  Absolutely no more bleeding, so that's nice.

I'd like to start exercising more.  Which is maybe an overstatement of what I actually mean, which is I'd like to sit/lay around less.  My plan is to start getting up a little earlier so I have time to walk the dog, even if for just 15 minutes or so.  It will be good for both of us.

Apparently, this week the baby is busy starting to make expressions, thanks to more and more brain activity.  He or she (I'm doubting my gender guess more these days) is 3.5 inches long, which one of the sites said was the size of a lemon.  Thanks to the handy-dandy ruler I keep on my desk, for me, it's more meaningful to say that that's about the length of my palm.  I'm sitting here staring at my hand, picturing a perfectly formed little baby that could fit right there.  Amazing.

My girls start school next week, and I think we're all ready for the predictability of that.  Ah, routine.  We'll still have a million things going on each week, but at least they'll be recurring.  This summer camp schedule is exhausting.

I'm thinking of A today and hoping she's recovering nicely and feeling better.  The girls and Rick send you their good wishes too!  And I'm sure the baby is making some extra fantastic expressions in support.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment