Friday, August 31, 2012

15 weeks

Just after midnight Thursday morning, I woke up with bleeding again.  Ugh!  No more!  I have never ever bled during a pregnancy and now twice?  I call foul.  This time was quite a bit of blood again, but it was brown/old blood, so I felt pretty confident that it was just "leftover" from last week.  I honestly was not a bit worried, but when I called the midwives just to let them know, Mary wanted me to come in to check on the baby.  Sure enough, baby was just fine.  Strong heartbeat, plus movements that we could hear on the doppler.  Mary agreed that it was related to whatever caused the bleeding last time.  We still can't be sure that's the end of it, but I sure hope so.

We did go ahead and do the full prenatal appointment, since I was scheduled to come in next week anyway.  So that appointment is canceled and I will go for my next prenatal on Tuesday September 25, right before the anatomy scan ultrasound that Friday.

So here we are at 15 weeks.  Entering into what I truly hope and expect to be an uneventful last 25 weeks of pregnancy.  This week, the baby is 4" long.  Its eyelids are fused shut, but it has become sensitive to light and if I were to shine a flashlight against my belly, it would turn away from the light.  Its tastebuds are forming (time for me to start eating interesting foods...) and it's theoretically possible to determine the baby's sex now, though we'll have to wait 4 more weeks.

I'm still feeling good.  I took two days off of dog walking-- Wednesday night I was exhausted and went to bed early (just as well, since my sleep got disrupted with the whole bleeding thing) and yesterday, I took it easy all day out of an abundance of caution because of the bleeding.  Mary says I have no resrictions, though, and she was happy that I was walking, so I will start up again tonight.

I'll try inserting the video of the baby's heartbeat from yesterday.  I'm on my work computer, which doesn't like to play nicely with blogger, so we will see if it works.


I think it worked!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment