Friday, October 5, 2012

20 weeks

Halfway there!

 
Creative framing/head chopping courtesy of Andie.
 
I'm still carrying pretty small, though I can feel my uterus up over my belly button, so I know I'm still growing correctly.  At the ultrasound last week, the baby was breech (butt down) and folded in half-- his knees up over his face.  He had one arm up over his head and the other between his legs (boys!).  Anyway, I think his little squashed up position down low is keeping me from showing much more and also keeping me from feeling very much movement.  I do feel some, but the only guarantee to feel it is laying on my belly (which I can still do comfortably at this point).
 
I would like him to stretch out and explore the real estate a little more.  According to my weekly pregnancy update, most babies do stay folded up until about 20 weeks.  I'm thinking they mean curled up rather than acting like contortionists like this kid is doing, but in either case, maybe this week he'll check out the neighborhood a little more.
 
After the ultrasound last week, we went to a Brazilian steakhouse and ate too much.  At around 5:30, once my kids were home from school and had performed several dance routines, we went out for dessert, which turned into appetizers and 8 desserts shared by 7 people (including 3 kids!).  And then we went out for shaved ice, since apparently we needed more sugar.  My kids have now taken to saying WWMMD (What would Mr. M do?) when planning their ideal meals.  LOL.  He'd already won their affection, but limitless dessert did not threaten his #1 position.
 
Really not much else to report for me or on behalf of baby.  With all of his systems in place, he's just going to spend the next 20 weeks growing and getting cute and chubby.  Which I guess is true of me too, though I'm not sure how cute it will be!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment