Friday, September 13, 2013

30 weeks

 
30 weeks!  This was a big milestone week for us, though now that it's here, it feels kind-of uneventful.  But hey-- here we are!  In the decade of delivery.
 
This was me on Wednesday:
 
 
So still not hugely huge.  I mean, I'm big for sure and I'm acquiring the stretch marks to vouch for that, but I am thankful I am tall and broad and have room for this litter of babies.
 
Per the not-so-accurate bathroom scale, I was only up .8 lbs. from last week.  I think that was probably an inflation of last week's weight more than anything, but in any case, 53-ish pounds gained at 30 weeks.  That may not be a gold medal performance on weight gain, but by golly, I do eat everything I'm supposed to at least in terms of protein/calcium/green veggies, so I think these babies are doing fine.  We should find out in about an hour, when we have the growth scan with Dr. Carpenter.
 
Just had another adjustment with Dr. Long.  I was more "off" this time (which I could feel too), but she says that, generally speaking, I'm one of the healthiest and most well-adjusted pregnant patients she has.  And you know how I love superlatives.
 
When I left the appointment, I got weaseled into a ten minute conversation by some woman that was passing by and then had a million questions about triplets and surrogacy and genetics and how the world works.  She was just completely overwhelmed and kept saying "I just have one more question-- is that ok?"  40 questions later, I got into my car.  Ha!  But I'm happy to spread positive surrogacy stories when I have an interested audience.  Why not?
 
My guess is that the babies are in the same positions, despite my best flipping efforts.  A breech, B cephalic, C transverse.  I think they have flipped, but flipped back.  At least they still have room.  I'm being patient.  Kind-of.
 
I went on a date by myself last night to see "Book of Mormon," which was great (of course).  I felt conspicuously single until I realized that, technically, I was my own party of four.  I can never be lonely!
 
Rick and Mariela will visit this weekend.  Looking forward to seeing them!
 
That's all for now.  I'll update again after my appointment.  Hoping to see some 3 lb.-ish babies in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment