Friday, September 27, 2013

32 weeks

Yahoo!  Ok, that's false enthusiasm.  At one point, 32 weeks sounded like a major goal, but quite frankly, now that we're here and everything is still blessedly uneventful, it's just another day.  That's a good thing, right?  That's not to lose sight of the fact that it really is amazing that 32 weeks into a triplet pregnancy, everything is still routine and boring.  We are lucky for sure.

Giving myself a generous .8 lb. round up, I've now gained 60 lbs.  Check it out:


Ten pounds away from doubling what I gained in each of my three singleton pregnancies, and at this rate, there's a good chance I'll hit that number before I deliver (I almost typed "before I graduate" there-- I suppose it's a graduation of sorts).  I am not a super overachiever in the weight gain department, but I'm definitely in range.

In related news, I measure my fundal height at 47 cm, which would translate to being 47 weeks pregnant, and my "waist" at 47.5".  So I'm basically 4 feet around.  Attractive!

Even though I'm not feeling the babycenter updates anymore, here's this week's, just for giggles:

How your baby's growing:

By now, your baby weighs 3 3/4 pounds (about the size of a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-32-weeks_1121.bc

And the reason I actually went over there was to grab their picture of twins at 32 weeks:

Just throw in another baby on top and that's what I'm looking like from the inside out.  Look at those beautiful head-down babies.  Let me repeat that for Baby A's benefit, since he may have been distracted: LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL HEAD-DOWN BABIES. 

On that front, I have been doing everything I can think of to convince A to flip for me.  I'm spending a minimum of 30 minutes per day, split into 2-3 sessions, laying on the decline bench I bought last weekend.  Any other time, I try to be very conscious of my posture, and I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees.  I've talked to the baby, I've visualized him being head-down.  I'm continuing to go to the amazing Dr. Long (chiropractor) once a week and she is doing everything she can.  This week, I tried Pulsatilla (a homeopathic remedy), using the instructions on the spinningbabies website.  I'll swim again this weekend.  I think the only standard advice not yet in my arsenal is moxibustion and acupuncture, and it's a little early for either of those.  We are throwing the book at this.  This week in a multiples group on facebook, several people shared their stories of Baby A turning as late as 36 weeks.  So that is encouraging.

We will get to check in today and see where the happy crew is currently making themselves comfortable.  Appointment with Dr. Carpenter at 4:00.  Main purpose of this appointment is to check on Baby A's growth and make sure the readings last time were a fluke (I feel sure they were).  Before that, we have a tour of the Women's Pavillion at Texas Children's Hospital, which is where they will be born.  Also touring the NICU, though it is still absolutely my goal and intention to never have these three darken those doors.  Fat, healthy 5 pound babies.  That's what we're going for.

Aside from our loss last fall, I've never had a baby in the hospital, so this is all new territory for me.  I've been to two hospital births (one vaginal, one ultimately a c-section), so I know what it looks like from a not-in-the-spotlight perspective.  I do believe all the raves about TCH and think there couldn't be a better option for us, so that's good.

I'll update on the appointment probably tomorrow and post a belly pic then too.  Until then, just gestatin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment