Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Calendar!

Now it's real!  I have a calendar in hand that includes the magic words "Possible Embryo Transfer."  Woohoo!

As Barb said yesterday, I start Lupron injections (just subcutaneous-- no big deal) on Monday, April 30.  Apparently, I start a course of Doxycycline (an antibiotic) then too, which is strange to me, only because I didn't take it until the week of transfer last time.  I saw someone else on SMO with early Doxy too, so I guess it's not unheard of.  It looks like I don't even have two weeks of Lupron-- that's pretty nice.  After that it's daily aspirin and Vivelle patches until egg retrieval.  The week of transfer, I'll have progesterone (Crinone gel, I think), Vivelle, Doxycycline, and Medrol.  And after transfer, just Crinone and Vivelle.  No big scary shots!  Phew.

All in all, pretty close to my protocol the first time around.  I took estrogen in pill-form rather than by patches and I did not take aspirin at all.  I'm not sure I took Medrol either.  I notice there's no Valium on transfer day on this protocol-- I skipped it last time because they said I could, but I don't even have to mess with it this time.  Oh, and I was on Lupron for weeks and weeks, but I can't remember what part of that was because of a cancelled cycle we had and what was really part of the protocol.

In any case, super-excited to have a plan.  I love plans!  We're just about 6 weeks out from transfer at Houston IVF with Dr. Hickman.  Yabba dabba do!

No comments:

Post a Comment