Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hoop Jumped

As luck would have it, the doctor's office I called had a cancellation today, so I was able to get an afternoon appointment.  I met with Dr. Metzger, who was basically perplexed about how to quantify the miniscule risk of CMV infection from an embryo (go figure-- there's not a lot of data on that) coupled with the very small risk of even symptomatic CMV, should infection occur.  He said 90% of active CMV infections are asymptomatic, and the other 10% tend to be sub-clinical (lowgrade fever, general malaise).  Oh, and I've cared for an actively CMV infected infant, lived with a CMV+ husband, and previously carried for a CMV+ couple.  So no real worries about risk to me.

Anyway, we had an interesting discussion and that was that.  He is sending his consult notes to Houston IVF.

Hoping M gets in to see the doctor in Houston just as quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment