Monday, April 30, 2012

The Eagle Has Landed

Meds from Freedom Pharmacy arrived on Saturday morning, as expected.  Well, a little earlier than expected, really, so I still wasn't fully dressed and had to hide behind the door when I signed for them from the Fed Ex guy.  Oops.

The goods:


The box didn't have a packing list, so I had to call the pharmacy to be sure I had everything.  They're open 7 days a week and were very helpful, so that was pretty painless and everything was present and accounted for.  There are a couple of things in the box that were not on my calendar, so I'll have to figure that out as we get closer to transfer.  One of those things was the somewhat-dreaded valium, so I guess I do have to ask if I can skip it after all.  If not, no big deal.  I just hate to take something if I don't have to.

I have everything set up on my bedroom dresser, with the calendar taped to the wall so I can cross off things as I've taken them.  This definitely works best as an old fashioned paper-and-pencil operation, since with so many meds to keep track of, it's easy to convince yourself that you forgot to take something when you didn't, or vice versa.

So right now, my calendar is nice and clean-- the birth control pill I took last night and the doxycycline I took this morning are crossed off, but that's it.  I had wondered why the double-course of doxy early in the cycle and found this article: Outcome Of Subsequent Ivf Cycles Following Antibiotic Therapy After Primary Or Multiple Previously Failed Ivf Cycles, which concludes: "These findings suggest that a certain number of failures during IVF cycles are due to an intrauterine infection that could affect the course of the pregnancy, the mode of delivery and cause maternal and fetal complications."  The antibiotics regime I'm on isn't nearly as stringent as what was used in the study (nor do I have failed cycles that we're trying to counter), but I imagine the logic is similar.

Anyway, Lupron injections start tonight.  My kids are excited-- what could be more entertaining than watching mom give herself shots?  And I'm excited!  Every day is one day closer to transfer.

Oh-- just for the sake of remembering silly details.  The other surrogacy-related activity last week was signing consent forms.  Rick and I had to sign about 20 pages of medical consents, have them notarized, and then mail them back to Houston IVF.  Thrilling paperwork.  Would hate to forget that part of the process.

1 comment:

  1. super p force oral jelly is an as of late created item that is intended to fix male Erectile dysfunctionLive a happy and enjoyable life with your partner with easy-to-use it.

    ReplyDelete