Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More date obsessing

I had a lovely whirlwind trip to Houston yesterday.  Drove down, had lunch with M and N, and then had my hysteroscopy with Dr. Hickman.  My uterus "couldn't look more normal" he says-- and sure enough, when he showed me the ultrasound image, it was just a perfect little pear-shaped blob, with a nice even lining.  So no hang-ups there.

I breezed by lunch, but I should add that I hadn't seen M and N since Thanksgiving and I really missed them!  I was glad to have the chance to sit and catch up.

I just emailed Barb to pester her about what our timing will look like from here.  I just went back and obsessed over our old dates some more.  Looks like N started her cycle on 4/28 (I started meds the next day) and egg retrieval was on June 1, so... 35 days-ish total to retrieval?  This time, she's expecting a cycle the first week of February.  If it's February 1, with the same exact timing, that would put us at a March 7 retrieval and transfer between 3/10 and 3/12.

Although at lunch, we established that we share a lucky number of 13.  So maybe transfer on 3/13/13.  That sounds super lucky!  Double 13s = twins for sure.

Indulging that fantasy for a moment, the due date would be 11/29/13.  Ha.  The day after Thanksgiving.  That would one-up what we did this year!

I'm going to go ahead and tentatively pencil in transfer for that week.  Positive thinking!

I posted this already, but I'm coming back to edit-- that week is spring break week!  Even better.  I have to believe that my two little good luck charms would love to come with me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment