Monday, April 29, 2013

Anxiety dream

First off-- forgot to mention that Friday was my last day of Crinone.  Hooray!  One less med.  I suppose now what's left is for the long haul: Lovenox injections, baby aspirin, prenatal vitamin, and Folbic (massive folic acid supplement).  I've also been taking B6-- not sure how long I'll keep that up, as I'm starting to suspect it's keeping me up at night.  Maybe I'll just wisen up and take it in the morning.  Too easy?

I don't know if it's the absence of the extra hit of progesterone or what, but I did feel better this weekend.  More good days, please.

Last night, I had a major anxiety dream about our appointments on Thursday.  Everything that could go wrong went wrong, at least twice.  First, the MFM appointment was cancelled and rescheduled for the next day.  But our whole family had already driven up in that direction, so rather than make the long trek home (subconscious: the MFM office is too far away), we got a hotel room.

In the hotel room, I was freaking out, trying to remember if the appointment was rescheduled to 12, 12:30, 1, or 1:30.  And then, when it was magically the next morning, I suddenly realized I'd forgotten to cancel the OB appointment, and so now I probably had to pay a fee or something (heaven forbid).  Then I decide the appointment is at 1:30, but it's still really early in the day, and since the hotel is closer to the office than our house, I know it's too early to leave, so I worry about how to use up the time.

But the next thing I know, I look at my watch and it's 1:21.  Ack!  Rick is staying with the girls and not going with me for some reason.  (And I think he's actually sitting in the lobby wearing curlers, lipstick, and smoking a cigarette-- um, not sure where that came from.)  I have to get dressed, but all I can find are denim-ish looking leggings, an animal print skirt, and another animal print (not matching) top.  I pull it all on and run out to the car, holding my keys.  Except I can't run, because the skirt is way too tight, so I have to strip it off and then I'm just wearing these horribly trashy leggings.

When I get outside, I see a tornado in the distance, and everybody is waiting for it to pass before we can get in our cars and go.  But I know I'm late, so I just get in the car anyway.  Then I realize I have no idea exactly how to get to the MFM from the hotel-- but I have a vague idea of where the highway is, so I head in that direction (the tornado has barreled through by now, thankfully).  So I start driving through this gate, but then I realize the gate is actually doors to an interior area of the hotel, so I've driven inside.  And I can't just reverse, because the doors open one-way, towards the inside.  So I had to do a tight turn-around in the pool/lobby area and go out the other side of the doors, where they opened toward the outside.  That's when I remember being annoyed that Rick wasn't going to the appointment with me, because I knew he wouldn't have driven into the hotel.  And that's when I woke up.

Good gracious, I have issues!  What in the world prompted all of that craziness?  For the record, I know exactly when (and where) my appointment is on Thursday and Rick will be going with me (and driving, I imagine).  Nutty girl, right here.

Oh-- other news: I had to dig out maternity pants today and it was such a RELIEF to put them on and not feel constricted.  Ahhhh.  I've never had to wear them so early, but, well, I've never carried a litter of babies either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment