Monday, April 15, 2013

Food!

I feel like I'm halfway through a normal eating day, so I'm going to jinx it now, but blogging what I've eaten:

Breakfast: 
  • 0% plain greek yogurt (more than half a cup, less than a cup-- don't know exactly)
  • 1/2 t sugar, because I like to cut the bitterness of the yogurt a bit
  • handful of green grapes, halved
  • 1/4 c Grape Nuts
  • Glass of V8 vegetable juice
All mixed together and it was yummy.  About 25 g protein, I think.

Snack:
  • 6 bites of lowfat cottage cheese.  I figure that's about 1/2 c-- they were big bites.
12 g protein.

Lunch:
  • Chicken kebab sandwich
  • Falafel "shot" (one piece of falafel in some sauce with a lemon wedge
From Kebabalicious.  There was a huge line, but it was good, so I'll say it was worth it.  It was not my favorite chicken schwarma sandwich ever-- I miss Marakesh for my downtown Middle Eastern cuisine needs.  Alas.  RIP Marakesh.  Guesstimate: 50 g protein.

I also ate a mini Three Muskateers (the tiny, bite-sized ones), which was not worth the effort.  Sweets are not my thing at the moment.

For snack this afternoon, I have an orange and more cottage cheese.  Another 12 g protein.

Dinner:

Hmm.  This will be the problem, since I usually am not keen to eat by dinner.  But it looks like I'll have 100g of protein in me by then, so that's a good start.  If I can think of some marginally palatable meat-based meal, I should hit 150g for the day.  Go me.  Hitting the minimum.  'Course, my goal is more like 200g, but whatever.  I will work up to that.



No comments:

Post a Comment