Friday, August 2, 2013

24 weeks

Let's say that again: 24 weeks, babies!  Woohoo!

Since I already gave the baby update yesterday, here's the weight update.  +39 lbs.  Observe:


Ok, truthfully, I weighed myself 5 or 6 times this morning and the scale was totally inconsistent, so I took the highest number.  That may be cheating a little, but I'm ok with it.

The other thing I did this week but failed to report on was pose for maternity photos.  My friend Marco Hanson was looking to build up his maternity portfolio and happened to know a willing model.  So he came over on Wednesday night.  Here's what he's put up on facebook:



So that was fun.  :)  And nice documentation of what will surely be the only time I'm ever pregnant with triplets.  Thanks, Marco!

I've felt better since my complaining early in the week.  Still getting tired pretty easily, but I think Dr. Haeri's comments gave me some renewed energy.  Easiest triplets ever, right here.  Oh yeah.

I finally called this morning and made my appointment with Dr. Carpenter.  His assistant remembered me from the April phone consult, which is pretty amazing.  Our first appointment is September 3 at 10:00 am.  Starting my time in Houston off with a bang!

Real quick (Rick is about to pick me up for a company picnic), here's the babycenter update:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at about 1 1/3 pounds. Since he's almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
 http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-24-weeks_1113.bc

And what they say fraternal twins look like right now:
+ 1 and all in the wrong positions, but it gives you an idea.

Ooo, and even better-- a medical illustration of 24-week triplets, albeit a little small:


Ok, gotta run!  24 weeks and all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment