Tuesday, August 6, 2013

News

1)  I went and took my glucose tolerance test this morning.  This time around (my 5th one ever), I got clear lemon-line glucose drink instead of the usual orange variety.  Spicing things up!  I started feeling pretty crumby about 10 minutes before the blood draw, but that's not so bad.  When the tech took me back, she started to have me sit in a regular chair (with an L-shaped arm rest) and then decided I wouldn't fit in that chair and she didn't want to smoosh me, so she brought me to a room with a cot instead.  LOL!  That was a first for me.  Results in a few days, I guess.  I don't really know if Dr. Haeri's office will call or if I have to wait until next week.

2) I noticed yesterday that I can't see my feet when I'm going down stairs.  It's surprisingly unsettling-- I didn't realize that I watched my feet, but I guess I do!  So now I'm sure to have a hold on the handrail.  I don't need to be tumbling down the stairs.

3) Just before I started typing this, there was a large, hard baby part jutting out right above my belly button.  I have no idea what it was-- it was about half the size of my fist.  I felt around trying to decipher what it could be (butt? head? shoulder?), but got nowhere and then it disappeared.  Don't mind me.  Just sprouting random appendages here.

4) I managed to buy the very last single seat to Book of Mormon, thanks to a good friend with a swanky AmEx card (it was a restricted seat).  So I have a date with myself (+3, I suppose) on 9/12.  See?  Booking up my Houston social calendar already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment