Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dream




 
First, news updates:
 
1.  I got a message this morning with my GTT results: 98!!!!  That deserves 4 exclamation points, because it seriously doesn't get any better than that.  They want under 140 and I gave them about a perfect 100 (two points lower probably because we were about 4 minutes late doing the draw).  Yes!  No gestational diabetes for this girl.
 
2.  I got to X out the "liver" box on my Brewer Diet checklist last night.  Ate some Chicken Liver Mousse at a neighborhood restaurant.  The diet says liver is once a week, and optional (because of the yuck factor).  I may just have it once in this entire pregnancy, but goshdarnit, I did get it once.  I have some leftovers in my fridge, but I may give it to my mother, who actually likes liver.  It wasn't bad, just not necessarily something I'd seek out.
 
Now my second crazy delivery dream of this pregnancy (brought on by liver?):
 
I don't remember all of the details, but labor went very quickly and painlessly at M and N's house and the babies were delivered in their basement (which doesn't exist, by the way).  The babies were big and healthy.  It was right after 28 weeks, so I had just moved down there.  One of my immediate concerns was my yet-unused Book of Mormon ticket, so I decided I would stick around for 2 weeks and nurse the babies, then leave after I got to see the show.  Priorities.
 
The family swept the babies away upstairs and I stayed in the basement to recover.  The next day, when I finally went back upstairs, one of the babies had been taken on a walk, but one boy and the girl were still at the house.  The were big-- like 3-month-olds-- and had full trunk control, a full set of teeth (baby teeth this time-- not big flashy teeth like my last dream), and they could TALK.  These were some advanced babies!  They told me their names were Aidan Patrick and Erika (specifically with a "K").  I said "so it must be Christopher that's on the walk?" and they confirmed that it was-- and when I looked outside, I could see him chatting up his grandparents.
 
I tried to feed them and Erika politely told me they weren't really into that.  They were both very articulate and I was really awed by how incredibly advanced they were.  And then I woke up.
 
So, since the last dream, the babies got much larger (last time they were guinea-pig-sized), but their teeth got much smaller.  At least the delivery was easy both times!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment