Friday, August 23, 2013

27 weeks

27 weeks = Third trimester!  Go us!


That's the best I could do for a self portrait.  My arms aren't long enough.

Weight gain: 47.5 lbs.
Stretch mark count: I think I can feel one.
Belly button status: Half in/half out. Weird.

Babycenter update, for what it's worth:

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-27-weeks_1116.bc

I'm looking forward to the Houston move for the simple reason of not having to get dressed for work everyday.  One day this week, I had four wardrobe changes, just to find something that fit correctly-- first option was too tight, second was too hot, third was too short, fourth didn't really match, but, eh, it covered all of the important bits and didn't have long sleeves.

I do have a lot to do between now and then, just to get the girls settled into school.  They start on Monday and I disappear the next Sunday, so that's a lot of transition in just a little time.  We can do it, though.  Rick and my mom are both awesome, plus we have several good friends offering help along the way.  Go Team Denson!

Speaking of, I'm off to Meet the Teacher for Mariela, so I think that's it for the update this time.  Shortest version: more of the same.  Babies and I are still doing great and in this for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment