Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And away we go!

N had 7-8 mature eggs at this morning's ultrasound and, based on that and lab results, Dr. Hickman decided to have her take the trigger shot today.  Yeeha!  So egg retrieval is definitely on Friday.  Transfer is most likely Wednesday, assuming a 5 day transfer is still looking good.  If the embryos aren't looking great, they could bump it up to Tuesday.

Barb emailed me two documents of instruction-- one for what to do in connection with egg retrieval, one for what to do on transfer day.  I had to translate it all to a calendar, because I still prefer the pencil-cross-off method of getting it all done.  Here's the calendar I made:



I only took it out through the day of the pregnancy test, but according to the instruction sheet, I'll use Vivelle into the 6th week of pregnancy, Crinone sometime through 9-11 weeks, and baby aspirin through 12 weeks.

Oh-- and the fish oil isn't part of the protocol, but I have it on there because I take it every day anyway, so I like to be able to cross it off too.

I emailed Barb a couple of clarifying questions.  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use both prometrium capsules on the day of transfer or just one (and in any case, I assume it's in place of crinone, but I'm not positive).  [ETA: One prometrium on Monday, one on Wednesday, both with Crinone.  I updated the calendar.]  Also checked to see if there's any getting out of valium.  I prefer to be fully "there" for transfer and to opt out if possible.  If they think it's a crucial part of the protocol, of course I'll do it.  [ETA: Have to do it.  Bleh.]

ONE WEEK TO TRANSFER!

And can I just say I am thrilled to be done with Lupron tonight?  Goodbye, old friend.  As much as it's not a big deal, I will not miss giving myself daily shots.  I try not to repeat injection sites, but I'm running out of real estate on my belly!  I was glad to see that Vivelle won't hang on too much longer either-- pretty much just to the end of June.  Petty, but the sticky residue the patches leave is really tough to get off.  Come to think of it, none of these meds are much fun.  Just a few more weeks, though, and we should be rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment