Friday, May 18, 2012

Waste of Time

I'm not sure if it comes across here just yet, but by and large, I'm a very positive person.  I hate ruffling anyone's feathers and I like to do what I can to make things easier for other people, even at my own inconvenience.  But today was a test of patience.

My first and last lining checks are required to be in Houston.  A little frustrating in itself, since I previously had all monitoring done locally (for an out-of-state transfer), but whatever-- I can take a few extra drives if there's something extra special the doctor wants to do.  No problem.

I diligently took the day off of work and took off for Houston after dropping the kids off at school a little before 8.  I got to Houston at about 10:30 for my 11:00 appointment, and they took me back 5 or 10 minutes early (nice).

So then I sat in the ultrasound room, realizing too late that I'd broken my "always have a book" rule.  25 minutes goes by.  Early on, there was a promise that the doctor would be in just a minute, but ultimately the knock at the door was from the tech.  She apologized and said the doctor was still with a patient, but this was "just a lining check," so she'd do it.

And she was lovely-- nothing against her personally-- but why did I spent 5+ hours in the car today if the doctor didn't actually have to see me?  A day off work, a tank of gas, and just the mind-numbing driving for... what exactly?

So my lining is 13.1 and triple-striped.  I had a blood draw for estradiol and that was apparently fine too, because I came home to an email from Barb instructing me to move to 4 Vivelle patches every other day, which was the expected outcome.

My local monitoring appointment is on Tuesday at 9:30.  Then another in Houston on Monday following-- but at least that's Memorial Day and we can make a trip of it.  And it should be the last trip before transfer!

I'll be glad when we're done with this part and pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment