Thursday, May 17, 2012

Terrible Blogger

The weekend of May 5, we went to visit M and N (and their daughter, A).  We had a fantastic time-- the girls all got along so well, we were in the pool for hours, we ate far too much amazing food (becoming a trend on these visits), and we got to spend time with their incredible extended family as well.  My younger daughter, Mariela, got sick on the trip (stomach bug), which was messy and the definite downside to the weekend, but M and N were wonderful about it and Mariela still was not wanting to leave by the end of it.  My girls are wishing we lived across the street so we could visit every day.

Anyway, I got home with full intentions of doing a big, picture-splashed blog post and... didn't.  And then Andie got a call from a scammer/hacker, who she helpfully guided through loading a remote access program onto our computer, and that put us out of commission for a few days because I promptly freaked out and sent it to our tech guy to be wiped clean.  Excuses, excuses.  We have the computer back now, but the guy didn't reinstall Photoshop, so pictures will have to wait a few more days.  But I can at least update.

Since I last wrote, I stopped taking doxycycline and started taking baby aspirin and Vivelle.  I think for a few days there, the Lupron (ongoing) was giving me insomnia-- I never have trouble sleeping, so I have to blame it on that.  That seems to have resolved.  I had a dentist appointment this morning and she said the hormones may mess with my gums a little bit, but so far, things look pretty good.

N has her appointment at Houston IVF today and should be starting stims (the injections to stimulate the ovaries/egg production).  I'll be eager to hear what she finds out.  I have an appointment tomorrow.  It's just a lining check and I plan to drive 2.5-3 hours to get there, spend 5 minutes in the exam room, and turn around and drive back.  I'm not staying to visit this time, since Mariela has an end-of-year school function I want to get back for.  Lamenting not being able to do this ultrasound at my local clinic, but at least I get to stay local for my next appointment, on Tuesday.  I did get smart at check out an audio book for the trip this time-- Bossypants, by Tina Fey.  It's 5.5 hours, which should be just about perfect.

That's it for now.  We should be about two to two and half weeks from transfer-- not quite ready to start the countdown, but close!

No comments:

Post a Comment