Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fun Weekend

When Rick got home from work Sunday morning, we all headed to Houston to spend a couple of days with M and N.  So much fun!!  We spent hours and hours in the pool, playing volleyball and teaching Mariela to swim.  M and his brother J proved to be great swim teachers for my cautious little girl.

N and her mom had cooked us an amazing Indian lunch-- everything was delicious and restaurants are ruined for us now.  At dinner, M and J barbequed tandoori chicken and corn, with was also yummy.  And late night s'mores again.  They definitely spoil us while we're there!

The girls were thick as thieves the whole time.  This picture wasn't even posed-- they were just sitting like this when I walked into the room.


Monday morning, I had an early morning appointment (7:30) at Houston IVF for my lining check and bloodwork.  There were so many people there!  They brought me back to the blood draw station first and there were a dozen people waiting in chairs and another 8 or so standing in the hallway.  Once I was done in there, they put me in a room to wait for Dr. Hickman. 


I didn't wait long and the lining check was exceptionally fast-- he was in the room for less than a minute!  And that's *with* him doing the ultrasound.  A whirlwind.  But hey, I was out of there quickly!

After the appointment, Rick and I had breakfast and headed back to N and M's house, where all three girls were attacking/wrestling with J.  We called them off and moved out to the pool for another full day of swimming (and eating-- a light lunch of ribs and steak).  Mariela declared she was moving to Houston.  Andie wanted to finish the school year out first.

Sometime in the afternoon, Barb emailed me the results of the morning's appointment:
You look Mahhhhvelous  !

Lining is 14.2   and the estrogen is 388 –so just maintain until we have N trigger . I will scan and email GC trigger instructions to you to follow

We see N tomorrow –so we should be about ready I would think .
Sounds good to me!

We left late and got home sometime after 8 last night.  Everybody was exhausted and happy.

So now I'm anxious to hear how N's check goes today.  We're expecting egg retrieval before the end of the week, transfer 5 days later, and baby about 9 months after that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment