Friday, September 7, 2012

16 weeks


Belly shot numero uno.

And you wouldn't believe how difficult it was to take that!  Too dark to take it outside, and Andie's hand kept moving when she hit the shutter button, so we deleted at least 5 blurry shots.  And I cropped out my head in this one because apparently it was impossible to have everything look normal at the same time.  I do still have a face-- no worries.

The dress I'm wearing has a drop waist, so it tightens up right under my belly, helping with the "is she or isn't she?" stage that I'm in right now.  She is.  I looked big yesterday too (confirms Rick-- poor husband needs to tread lightly), so maybe I'll go ahead and call it that I'm starting to show.  Yay!  More fun than just being chubby.

No symptoms to speak of.  I'm in the awkward in-between phase, where the first trimester yuckies have worn off, but I'm still not feeling movement, so I haven't "graduated" to the next stage.  No complaints, though.  It's nice to be able to eat and sleep like a normal person.

Let's see what's going on with the baby... Apparently, in the next few weeks she or he will have a major growth spurt, doubling in weight.  Right now, the baby is about 4.5 inches long head to rump (and with those long legs in the family, I bet a lot longer in total!) and weighs about 3.5 ounces.  That's 100 grams, which I have a pretty good feel of because of weighing food (ahem, I get obsessive about portion sizes when I'm not pregnant), but for reference, that's the weight of 20 nickels.  Or a newborn kitten.  Cuter than nickels.



Also this week, baby's heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood per day-- that's over 6 gallons.



That's all the news that's fit to print.  Good days, not a lot going on.  Three weeks to the big gender reveal!


No comments:

Post a Comment