Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Prenatal appointment

I had a prenatal appointment with Mary this morning.  All is well.  Baby sounded great-- I made a video, but apparently the sound didn't work, so that's a bust.  My uterus is just under my belly button, which is exactly as it should be right now.  Mary says she feels the most baby down very low, so that's where we listened.  That's where I felt those four little kicks last week too, so that makes sense (still no more kicks though). 

I gained a whopping 7 pounds this month, which is the first weight I've gained-- just came all at once.  Mary said that was normal-- that they expect "off the curve" growth in this month and the next 6 weeks, which is primarily from increased blood volume.  Nonetheless, I think Rick can quit worrying that I'm not eating enough.  7 pounds doesn't materialize from nothing!

I've consistently gained about 35 lbs. with each pregnancy, but this is the first one that I didn't lose some weight on the front end.  So I'm curious to see where I end up at the end.  Not worried at all, regardless of the number.  I know it comes off as easily as it comes on and it's all for a good cause!

I also finally signed all of the consents and financial paperwork at this appointment-- I'd been slacking on that.  So the business side of things should be squared away now.

Next prenatal appointment is 10/25 at 8:00 with Debra.  But of course the next appointment is this Friday at 11:00-- the big anatomy scan!

No comments:

Post a Comment