Friday, September 14, 2012

17 Weeks

What a week. Thankfully quiet on the pregnancy front, but a lot of things going on in my personal life. I'm just thankful that it's Friday!

I did call the midwives Thursday morning to make sure it wasn't a big deal that I'd had food poisoning the night before. Ugh! It was pretty awful, but no worries about it impacting the baby, so that's good.

And actually, yesterday was probably the first day that I feel confident I was feeling the baby move. Just little flutters- no big thumps or kicks yet. But it's nice to "hear" from him or her and know all is well. Looking forward to more bigger movements soon.

The baby is now about 5 ounces and 5 inches long. Its bones are calcifying and getting nice and strong.

2 weeks now until the big anatomy scan, and just one week more than that until we reach the halfway point. I wouldn't say time is flying by just yet, but it sure is exciting that every day that goes by is one day closer to meeting this little one and growing the C family.

No comments:

Post a Comment