Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nice day

I had a fantastic massage at lunch from Inge-Lise Weber.  I'd never seen her before, but it was really wonderful.  She didn't talk (my pet peeve during massages is when I'm told "try to relax"-- hello, that's why I'm here!), the pressure was just right, and she even rubbed on my belly (lightly) a bit, so I felt like the baby got a treat too.  Ah, relaxation.

And then, since I was in the neighborhood, I snuck into the midwives' office for a heartbeat check.  Totally unnecessary since I'm going to be there next week, but they indulged me nonetheless and I got to hear the baby.  Heartrate was in the 150s at first, which Monika said was fast, but then it slowed down a bit, which I guess is a good show of neurological development.  She said my uterus is growing nicely too-- right where she would expect it to be at about 18 weeks.

And somebody gave me a cupcake this morning.  Pretty much a trifecta for a perfect day.  No complaints here!

No comments:

Post a Comment