Friday, September 28, 2012

19 weeks

And the big news for this week: movement like crazy!  Hooray! I'm feeling this little guy/gal kick and squirm at least a few times a day.  There's a little kick fest going on right now.  To which I say: slow your roll, little baby!  Because it's still nearly 3 hours until you get your moment in the spotlight.  It's ultrasound day!  Woohoo!

Wow, a lot of exclamation marks in that sentence.  What can I say?  It's an exciting time.

What else?  Still feeling good, with that lingering and occassional yucky reaction to sugary foods.  Again, not a bad thing, really-- I don't need to be living off of cupcakes.  I'm definitely showing more.  Probably right on the edge of someone being able to assume I was pregnant without potentially putting their foot in their mouth.  I got a "congratulations!" from a coworker I don't see much, who I must not have told, so that's the first time someone has noticed on their own.

I'm not sure it makes much sense to report on theoretical baby when we will see actual baby soon, but let's see what the internet says... The baby is developing all the sensory areas of the brain-- smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.  I ate the spiciest thing I have ever had in my life last night, so, uh... sorry baby.  Hope you were ready for that!  Baby weighs about half a pound and all of the body parts are now in the correct proportion.  And hair is growing!  Just a miniature person, ready to hang out for another 21 weeks or so.

Let's see... final gender prediction from me is... girl.  No strong feeling one way or the other, though.  Now to wait away 2 hours until Rick comes to get me.  I'm going to have a sugary/caffeine-laden drink about an hour before the appointment, to jumpstart the show.  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment