Thursday, September 6, 2012

Irrational needs

This morning, while we were getting ready, I explained to the girls the difference between "rational" and "irrational" (unfortunately, in the context of explaining that I was irrationally annoyed by something-- oh well).  Anyway, on that note, here is my current list of things that I irrationally feel like I need, though clearly, rationally, I don't.

1.  Pregnancy Pillow

I have never understood the appeal of these things (I may have even made fun of them), and yet I suddenly find myself "needing" one.  I think Rick might object to having the equivalent of another person share the bed.

2.  York Peppermint Patties

Not just one, mind you.  I want that whole box.  One would not fill this need.

Wait, maybe that's all.  I thought I had a whole list, but now I'm feeling committed to just two irrational needs.  That makes me feel more like a sane, reasonable person.  How nice.

I'm giving a presentation about gestational surrogacy agreements to a bunch of judges in about an hour.  Hoping that it goes well and brings home how straightforward they are, legally.  I'd love to see our county doing more of them, for families statewide.

No comments:

Post a Comment