Wednesday, February 27, 2013

EXCITING egg news

N went back for a final scan today.

14 mature follicles!!!  14!!!  YES.  And 9 smaller ones.  This is so much better than the last two cycles-- I almost can't believe it.  Trigger today and retrieval on Friday, as we expected.

I really do think there may be enough to freeze this time.  That would be awesome.  And that also would mean we could really select the two best embryos to transfer, rather than just defaulting to whatever was left.  Don't get me wrong-- defaulting is fine if we need to do it.  But to think there could be choices?  Super exciting!

This all makes me think of this study I read about a while back: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/224988.php  It was a research review that concluded that 15 eggs was the ideal number to retrieve to produce a live birth.  This is looking like a pretty ideal cycle.

Oh-- in less exciting news-- I picked up my folic acid prescription at the pharmacy yesterday (the one I'm supposed to take for life) and it was $50.  Actually, I asked my mom to pick it up and told her not to worry about it, because Rick's prescription coverage always pays 100%, so it should be $0.  Wrong.  Boo.  Hiss.  I know it's such a prissy complaint to have, since I'm lucky we have such great coverage in general, but $50 just seems so high for vitamins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment