Friday, May 10, 2013

12 weeks

1/3 of the way to 36 weeks!  Woohoo!  I think my official "reach" goal is 37 weeks, but 36 would be pretty rockin' for triplets.  We'd take that.  And the minimum goal (hopefully avoiding the super-scary preemie issues) is 28 weeks, so we're 43% of the way there on that one.  We've got this.

I tried out the fetal doppler last night and I heard all three heartbeats.  All with their own rythym, all in different places-- one low, one left, one right.  Yay babies!  Grow, grow, grow!  N asked if I could video it, but I was home alone and I needed an extra set of hands to manage that.  So I'll recruit Andie sometime soon and we'll get some video evidence up here.

I forgot to weigh myself today.  Bad Simi.  But I promised someone today that I would take a belly shot in the morning, so I'll get that and my weight up first thing in the morning and all shall be forgiven.  Right?  Maybe I've actually gained something.  It's sure starting to look that way.

Here's the babycenter update for 12 weeks:

How your baby's growing:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
 
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc

And here's their picture of twins at 12 weeks. Just picture another one thrown in there for fun:

 Last night, I changed out all of my "normal" clothes for maternity clothes.  Hopefully I have enough-- they're a collection of hand-me-downs from other people for the most part and it seemed to me last night that there was a disproprotionate amount of cold weather stuff.  Hmm.  Who am I kidding?  By the end, I'm going to be staying in the house and wearing a mumu.  Nobody will care about my fashion sense.

Since my rough days Sunday and Monday, I've felt better.  I hate saying things like that, because I'll be puking my guts out in the morning.  But, knock on wood, the later half of the week has been good to me.  Come on, weight gain!

That's it for now.  Signing off with the little limes...



No comments:

Post a Comment