Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bliss!

Last night, I had strong cravings for dinner-- either eggs benedict or lox and bagels.  And, go figure, there's not a lot of options to get brunch foods at dinner.  I decided to go to Kerby Lane, since they serve breakfast all day and seemed like a good option.  And if they left me high and dry, I could choose some other breakfasty option and be happy.

Well, turns out neither eggs benedict nor lox and bagels is on the menu!  Oh no!  But wait!  On the special seasonal menu, they had smoked salmon benedict.  Shut the front door.  I think I nearly cried.  My two cravings, combined.  And was it everything I dreamed of?  Oh, yes.  Delicious, rich, creamy, smoky perfection.  Andie agreed that it was the best thing ever (she snuck two bites) and decided we had to learn to make it. Yes, please learn to make Hollandaise sauce, Andie.  I can't imagine our lives would be any worse for it.

I hate to use up my allotted miracles on things like fulfilled cravings, but man, that was good.

I think after this week's fantastic appointments and healthy babies, I'm going to make the blog public again.  Hello, world.  Welcome to my Hollandaise-soaked triplet pregnancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment