Friday, May 31, 2013

15 weeks

I'm trying to come up with something witty to say about 15. 

Google suggests I might be inspired by Taylor Swift.



My musical references are even less sophisticated (imagine!)-- this was the first 15 song I thought of. I tried to time tag it, but don't know how with blogger-- you need to jump forward to 2 minutes to skip all of the strange silence at the beginning:

 
Right, so cheesy music references aside, 15 weeks is looking pretty good.  I'm feeling good-- no complaints at all.  I'm definitely showing-- Mariela likes to point out that I'm "really big!" just about every day, each time as if it's a total surprise.  I actually disagree with her-- I'm not REALLY big, just sporting a bit of a belly.  I was telling M yesterday that I still think I could hide it if I needed to, but it would take careful wardrobe consideration, and an audience that didn't know me well to pull it off. 
 
I like the belly.  I say good morning to the babies every day, because that's when it's most obvious to me.  Still not feeling movement-- I think I've said before that I don't count anything short of true kicks, because I always figure it could be my digestive system or something.  I think we're still 2 or 3 weeks away from that.  Can't wait!
 
Here's what babycenter says today:

How your baby's growing:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-15-weeks_1104.bc

Beat you to the punch on the boy/girl thing, babycenter!  One boy, one girl, one maybe-boy.  We'll get confirmation on that little guy next week.

4 inches x 3 babies = 1 foot of baby.  I love it!

Still gaining weight.  This morning I was 167.4, which if we're counting from the 158 lowpoint is nearly a 10 pound gain at 15 weeks.  Or 5ish from where I started.  Either way, going up like it's supposed to.  I have a feeling the growth curve may take a sharper turn soon, when these babies are weighing more than 1/2 a pound total (that's what they are right now).

I guess that's all for now.  I'm really looking forward to next week's ultrasound and the confirmation it will give us that everything is looking good. 

Oh, one more thing-- this weekend, I met someone who was in the hospital when someone came in and delivered trips at 38 weeks.  38 weeks!  The bar has been raised.  LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment