Monday, May 6, 2013

Blech

I ended up throwing up again last night. And then spending most of the day today trying to avoid getting sick at work. I sat on a bench in the ladies' room for a long, long time. And eventually triumphed. It's not so much the puking that I dread, it's kneeling on the floor in a public restroom. Gross.

I think this is a trend for me. I distinctly remember having surges of strong morning sickness late in the first trimester with each of my pregnancies, right as those weekly pregnancy updates are saying infuriating things like, "By now, you're probably feeling better, as morning sickness fades away." Shut up.

Another fun thought: today Mariela told me that elephants gestate for 2 years (I thought it was 18 months, but I'm not arguing). I was saying it was a good thing I didn't have to be pregnant for that long, or I'd be really, really tired. But then I counted up all the time I have been pregnant and it's three years! Holy moly. By the time I'm finished, it will be 10% of my lifetime. Good gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment