Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cravings

Well, this is a first for me.  Who says fourth pregnancies can't bring surprises?

I think I've had specific food aversions with every pregnancy.  And I remember being obsessive about food last time around-- not particular foods, but certain combinations were delicious (hot + cool creamy sauce was one, which led to eating at the Indian place around the corner for lunch all too often).

But this time, I've been getting very specific cravings.  The first that I remember was Friday, when, on a 100+ day, I really wanted hot chocolate.  Made with milk, but not from Starbucks.  Then yesterday at lunch, I really wanted ravioli in red sauce.  That one went unfulfilled.  Today, it was potato salad.  Which I almost never eat.  I walked to one place that had it and it was closed, so I went in completely the other direction to some other place.  The had two varieties-- German potato salad, which is vinegary and served hot, with bacon in it, and traditional mustard/mayo American potato salad.  German sounds so much better to me.  But not today.  I went with the American.

And these are all one-time deals.  Please do not make me drink hot chocolate, because it sounds awful to me.  Even the potato salad need has long passed.

I think the nausea is starting to fit a pattern.  I get a good wave of it at about 10:30-11:00 and then another sometime mid-afternoon, and another right before bed (which is very early these days!).  With some flashes in between.  Still no throwing up, though.  Some close calls, perhaps, with deep breathing to stave it off, but that's it.

I got the ultrasound order from Barb this morning, so it's scheduled for 7:45 Friday morning.  I may need to take Mariela with me, which I think is a faux pas at a fertility clinic-- but then again, last time around, there were no other patients, so maybe I can be so lucky again.  Looking forward to seeing the baby again!

No comments:

Post a Comment