Friday, July 6, 2012

7 weeks

Today I'm 7 weeks pregnant with a blueberry-sized little baby that looks something like this:

7 Weeks Pregnant

Andrea left a message on our home phone with my blood test results yesterday, and Rick remembered my estrogen level as either 234 or 324 (he deleted the message).  In any case, it's good enough to stay on 2 patches for now.  I'm supposed to call Barb on Monday when she's back from vacation to get my 8-week ultrasound scheduled.

I looked back over my last blog and this pregnancy is definitely being nicer to me in terms of morning sickness.  I have much less nausea and I haven't vomited at all, which was not the case at 7 weeks last time (or either of my prior pregnancies, I think).  Sometimes I worry about not feeling worse.  Then I hit one of my lower points and kick myself for ever feeling that way!  I would say there are probably about 3 rough patches per day.  Much better than all-day sickness.  I'm pretty sure I'll worry all the way through when I can feel the baby move-- until then, what's going on in there is just a mystery!

The baby is chugging along, growing its brain and starting to develop its facial features.  It has a tongue!  I don't know why that seems so amazing, but just think what a teeny tiny tongue that would be to fit in a .5" body.  33 more weeks and we'll get to see that cute face.

No comments:

Post a Comment