Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All that fuss

My exciting new meds (look at my positive attitude!) were scheduled to be delivered today.  I had to have them delivered to work, since they need a signature, and I was stalking the door, waiting for the Fed Ex guy.  He finally got here sometime after noon.  I had managed to work myself up into a small frenzy by then.

I dug through the box and found:


The dreaded PIO and huge needles.  (Cue horror movie music).  What was awful about it was that I had watched the instructional video earlier and it used phrases like "using a dart-like motion."  Noooo!  Now to be fair, the gigantic needle is for drawing the oil up into the syringe.  The slightly less enormous needle is for the injection itself.

I walked over to the nurse and he cheerfully took my medical history (none-- I'm boring that way) and got the syringe ready.  He did the injection in my left hip (upper outer quadrant of the glute, really).  And it was... totally painless.  I wasn't even sure he did it.  And so I feel like a bit of a drama queen now.  He did say that he prides himself on giving good shots, so maybe it will be more tortuous when Rick does it for me this weekend.  But this was nothing.  And he gave me a lollipop when I was finished, "for being such a good patient."
(Taken with the Capitol in the background, in an attempt to be artsy.)

I have a teeny headache all of a sudden, which I only mention because the timing is suspicious.  Hopefully it's just a coincidence and not a reaction.  Hopefully I only have 10 days of these bad boys.  I am suspicious that it will be longer, since I have 30 days worth in the box already, with 2 allotted refills.  Hmm. 

1 comment:

  1. only 10 days!?!?!? how did you luck out?

    I'm stuck with pio every day, estrace 3x a day, and now suppositories twice a day... for the long haul!

    Wishing you the best :)

    ReplyDelete