Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Surrender

I was getting nowhere with my retest argument, and Barb says I only have to be on PIO until we see a heartbeat, so I've resolved to just do it.  It should only be about 10 days.  That's not worth the fuss.  I'm going to have the nurse at work give me the shots, because I am too wussy to do it myself.  Rick will have to do it this weekend.  He's camping with the girls right now, so he doesn't even know about my PIO pity party.  "Welcome home, honey!  Here, give me a shot in the butt."

In much more exciting news, I scheduled the 6-week ultrasound!  Yeeha!  With any luck, that's when we'll see a heartbeat... or two.  It is on 6/29 at 7:30 in the morning.

I went to Costco today (it's a state holiday) and bought two huge cases of sparkling water.  That's my only craving right now.  I could drink all 48 bottles/cans today, I think.  But I won't.  I don't have any strong food aversions yet, but I feel it coming.  Pretty much everything at Costco looked unappealing, except for my water.  Oh-- one especially gross thing I saw was a case of oysters on the half shell in the freezer section.  But I'm not sure those would ever look terrific. The idea of oysters in bulk skeeves me out a bit.

I also picked up some estradiol pills-- I'm adding one a day, since I'm an all-around underachiever (except for hCG).  Pretty sure those are also just until we see the heartbeat.  Come on baby/ies-- grow, grow, grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment