Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First symptom?

A friend of mine and I share the same early pregnancy symptom, called "Get Off My Neck."  I don't know how to explain it other than the very idea of something on my neck is untenable and makes me feel ill.  Today I'm wearing a v-neck dress that does not even come close to my neck and I still feel the GOMN.  Blech!

Just a friendly precursor to morning sickness, I suppose.  I have another couple of weeks before that kicks in in earnest.  Last time around, it was 23 days from transfer to my very cruddiest feeling day (coincidentally, the day I interviewed for my current job-- that's how I know the date!). 

My boss has been out sick for two days, but is back in the office today, so I got to share my pregnancy test pictures with her.  I'm so lucky that she's a huge supporter of this whole process-- she's looking forward to our beta on Friday nearly (ok, not really) as much as I am.

I did email Barb yesterday to ask when my repeat beta would be and she said it would likely be on Tuesday.  She also asked if I'd been "cheating" (since the clinic discourages home pregnancy tests) and I said I had been, many times, and that it had been positive since Sunday.  She replied "Yay!"  Cheating is not a cardinal sin in this context.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment