Monday, June 18, 2012

Repeat beta

Results are in!  Well, kind of.  The faxed results aren't going through for the lab, so they gave me the results verbally and will continue trying to fax.

Drumroll please...

At 11.75dp5dt, my beta level is 1,257.  That's a doubling time of 35 hours, which is really fast.

It's definitely a high number.  No doubt.  More than twice the average amount for twins.  BUT, I always have to put it in context for my super-hCG-producing body.  Last time around, at 12dp5dt (so the same day), it was 2,976.  That was twins.  So, given that this test is a few hours earlier than that one and just a smidgen under half the amount, I'm still guessing one stuck.  But would I be surprised to be proven wrong?  Not at all.  Definitely still in the running for twins.

My estradiol number was 124 and my progesterone was 4.4.  I know that before transfer, they wanted my estradiol level over 300, so I'm thinking that's not going to be high enough and I may need to supplement with Estrace.  The progesterone number is low too, but from what I've read, the Crinone releases progesterone directly to the uterus and does not enter the bloodstream (like PIO), so it's difficult to measure it clinically.  We'll see what they say.  I have a feeling more meds are coming my way.

But the important part: 1,257!  35 hours!  Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment