Friday, June 15, 2012

The deed is done


It took a while to get in this morning.  I walked in the door at 6:59 (they open at 7) and put my name on the list.  It took 5 or so minutes for them to call me up for my paperwork and then quite a while for them to enter the order into the computer.  I think the computer was down for a bit, plus there seemed to be a lot of confusion about how to enter the test ("Did you search beta?"  "Yeah, but see?  It's linked to progesterone."  "Hmm, let me try."  "It says quant, right?"  etc., etc.).

When I did finally get called back, at about 7:15, the guy taking my blood fumbled getting his gloves on (and giggled), and then fumbled around trying to find the supplies he needed (the rubber band was in a different room).  Then he introduced himself as an ACC phlebotomy student.  I suspected he might be!  ;)  Despite not instilling confidence with the prep work, he did a good job with the stick.  After using about 5 cotton balls to clean me up, I was out of there!  Funny.

And then only reason I'm writing this ridiculously long blog entry about a blood draw is that there's little chance of me getting anything else done.  I'm so anxious to see what the number is!  I always have anxiety dreams when I'm worked up about something, and last night was full of them.  I hope it was worth it!  Come on, results!

No comments:

Post a Comment