Friday, June 14, 2013

17 weeks

Ok, I'll admit it.  17 feels a little anti-climactic to me.  "You're halfway there!" people are insisting.  Nope, I'm not.  Next week I'll give it to you.  I have week-18 envy, I guess.

Weight this morning: 172.5, a gain of 3.4, which is just a hair off my 3.7 lb./week goal (which will get me both to the 36 lbs. at 24 weeks mark as well as the 54 pounds at 28 weeks goal-- oof).  Considering I just committed to that goal on Monday (thus losing a weekend of crazy eating), I think I did pretty well.  Yay me!  I never want to eat again, but... oh well.  There's an avocado sitting right in front of my keyboard, waiting for me to finish this post and eat it.  Can't wait.  Ok, not really.  It really isn't pleasant eating just for the sake of maximizing calories.

Here's what babycenter says about week 17:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-17-weeks_1106.bc

See?  Even babycenter is unimpressed this week-- that's about the shortest update ever.  And a turnip, really?  Boo.

Gosh, I sound grumpy and I'm really not.  I went to an aqua yoga class last night, taught by my friend Karen in her lovely, warm, saltwater pool.  That felt nice.  I don't really have any physical limitations at the moment, and I'm grateful for that.  I'm not going to go out and run a marathon, but at least I can walk to the parking garage!

Belly continues to grow like crazy.  I'm still only feeling movement here and there.  I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but I listened to the babies' heartbeats (all 3) on Tuesday and I'll probably listen again tonight.  That breaks my self-imposed only once a week rule, but I'll admit these are more worrisome weeks to me, since we lost the trio's brother at week 19.  So a couple of check-ins is worth the peace of mind.

I guess that's it.  Tonight we have Mariela's big dance performance and I'm looking forward to that.  Pretty busy weekend.  And then on Thursday, I have appointments with both Dr. Uribe (OB) and Dr. Haeri (MFM).  I guess then I'll find out if we keep on scheduling the appointments so I see both every two weeks, or if Dr. Uribe wants to change it up at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment