Monday, June 24, 2013

Appointment made

I called Dr. Dryden's office again this morning.  Her secretary is back in the office and, after taking my basic information, told me she was sorry, but Dr. Dryden was not accepting patients.  But I have a secret weapon!  I told her my doctor had spoken to her last week to get approval, and she told me she'd verify that and call me back.  And, sure enough, now it's all squared away and my first appointment is Friday, July 19! 

I'll be 22 weeks, which is when I should be scheduling another OB appointment with Dr. Uribe.  I'm still not really sure how this transitioning of care thing is going to work-- will I still see Dr. Uribe?  Or can I just see Dr. Dryden going forward?  I'd definitely like to continue seeing Dr. Haeri, until I relocate, but can I switch over the OB piece?  Questions I need to ask...  I'm thinking/hoping I can go ahead and switch at 22 weeks and this upcoming 20 week appointment can be my last with Dr. Uribe.

Soldiering on with the Brewer Diet.  It's work!  Last night, I was left having to make a huge, kind-of gross protein shake to hit all the categories-- but hey, I did it.  I think my planning is better today, so hopefully I can avoid a repeat.

And I am definitely growing.  This morning, feeling rather huge, I decided to measure my fundal height again.  I got 30 cm, up from 26-27, which would be the equivalent of three weeks of growth... since Thursday.  Holy moly.

No comments:

Post a Comment