Thursday, June 20, 2013

Appointment update

 
Just two pics today-- not sure why Baby C got left out of the mix, but he did.  That's B facing to the left on top and A facing right on bottom.
 
Both appointments went well.  At Dr. Haeri's office, the sonographer did a quick scan of each baby and then measured my cervix.  Dr. Haeri said he (the sonographer) was not generous with the measurement, but it was still over 4 cm, so things are looking good.  All activity stays the same.
 
The next appointment (July 3 at 1:30) will be another full growth scan, plus an echocardiogram of at least one of the babies-- maybe two.  All three will get echos eventually, but it takes so long that they don't want to stack them all together-- for both my and the sonographer's sakes.  The reason for the echocardiogram is that multiples have a higher risk of heart defects.  So the echo should identify whether there's anything to worry about (it doesn't look like there is).
 
Then I went upstairs to Dr. Uribe.  Not much going on up there-- peed in a cup, weighed in, and he did another ultrasound, just to get heart rates (151, 151, and 157-- they were all a little higher downstairs).  Oh-- blood pressure too, which was 112/74 or something like that.  He measured my fundal height and it's right where I had measured myself-- about 26 weeks.  My next appointment with him is also July 3, at 11:30.  He doesn't usually do Wednesday appointments, because that's when he schedules surgeries, but he was nice enough to override the black-out on the schedule, so I didn't have to make two trips.
 
One other thing from Dr. Haeri-- he said he was going to call Dr. Dryden in Houston before our next appointment and figure out what she was comfortable with, in terms of my transferring care down there (hopefully she's comfortable with it at all!).  He said he thinks realistically, I need to be in Houston at about 28 weeks, which is (a) earlier than I had expected and (b) pretty much right at September 1.  It will take some work to get my mind around missing (if all goes well) a full two months of the beginning of the kids' school year, but I know it'll work out and be fine.  Hope M, N, and A are ready for a long-term houseguest!

No comments:

Post a Comment