Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Food diary

Imagine finishing Thanksgiving dinner, feeling uncomfortably full, and then starting over from the beginning.  That's my life and why food is not my friend at the moment.  To give you an idea of why, here's the menu today:
Breakfast [already eaten]:
3 protein pancakes (made this weekend-- egg whites, cottage cheese + oats), maple syrup, whipped cream (also made this weekend)
protein shake (half a banana, 1 T cocoa powder, 3 T peanut butter, 2 scoops protein powder [48 g protein], about 8+ ounces whole milk, ice)

Mid-morning snack [already eaten]:
banana
egg, cheese, soy chorizo, pico breakfast taco that Rick brought me (thanks and yuck)

Lunch [coming soon]:
baked ziti (Rick made this weekend-- heavy on lean ground beef, provolone, and sour cream)
2 pieces garlic bread
avocado

Afternoon:
strawberry greek yogurt or chocolate pudding or cottage cheese and pineapple or some combination of the three (will play it by ear)

Dinner:
TBD.  Whatever Rick makes me eat.  Will include vegetables, since I'm light on those so far today.

Evening Snack:
Probably cereal and whole milk.  Maybe strawberry/rhubarb and ice cream if that sounds better.
That is a TON of food. 

On the plus side, I was up not-quite 2 lbs. from Friday when I sneaked a weight check this morning.  So I may hit the 4 pounds this week, which would make up for the (slight) shortfall last week.  Or I won't, but I'll be over 3, which I'm considering the minimum goal.

Today I added conditional formatting to my excel spreadsheet, so the cells turn yellow when I gain 3+ pounds in a week and green when I hit the 36 lb. goal.  Because I'm a nerd and I'll take motivation where I can get it.

Unrelated-- this morning, I had my hand on the top of my uterus and I think I felt Baby C kick, from the outside.  It's a little hard to tell for sure, since I feel it on the inside too, but maybe?  Mariela patiently tried to feel for about 10 minutes, but he didn't want to perform any more.  They've all been less active this morning.  Probably crowded out from all the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment