Friday, June 21, 2013

18 weeks

HALFWAY TO 36!  Woohoo!

Weight: 177.3.  Ha!  Overshot the weight goal, so perhaps I don't have to be quite so miserable around food after all.  The good news about gaining so much this week is it takes the pressure down for the remaining weeks to 24-- I can aim for 2.8 lbs./week instead of 3.7 and still hit 36 lbs.  That's good.  2.8 seems almost reasonable.

I checked the babies' heartbeats this morning even though I saw them all yesterday (twice), since I'm still in paranoia stage.  All present and accounted for.  Their positions have shifted slightly, so I have a harder time finding them immediately-- I need to learn the new spots.  A has moved slightly to the right.  B is holding steady on the mid left.  C is still at the top and maybe a little to the left, but the top is moving up, so when I start looking at my belly button, that's too low. 

I called Dr. Dryden's office this morning, but her secretary is out, so I couldn't schedule the appointment.  They took my information and she will call me back.

Went to aqua yoga again last night, in a bikini no less.  The bathing suit I wore the week before didn't feel secure enough on top, so the bikini worked better.  I am not a bikini-in-public person-- I've always been way too self conscious.  But I figure 8 women in a yoga class are not a judgmental audience, and nobody's going to be too critical of a big ol' belly anyway.  It was a good class.  I've paid for one more already, so I'll at least go one more week-- hate to guess how I'll feel after that, so I take it a week at a time.

Baby A is moving right now.  I still feel B and C less frequently, though B is the one that gives me a good solid kick every now and then that I think I can feel on the outside.  It's still very infrequent and not at all predictable, so I can't share it with anyone else just yet.  C's claim to fame is that if I feel around on my belly, I can usually tell where he is (because there's a lump).  So they each make their presence known in their own way.

Here's what babycenter says this week:

How your baby's growing:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and he weighs almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper). He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
That's it for now.   18 weeks and all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment