Friday, March 22, 2013

More conjecture

I was sitting here this morning feeling calm, cool, and collected and decided that all this worrying about triplets is for nothing.  Surely it's "just" twins, I thought.

Then I went back and looked at the betabase numbers.  I don't think I'd actually done the math-- I just knew we were on the very high end of the reported range.  Well, turns out we're in the top .7% or so of about 1900 reported beta values for twins.  I have to laugh, really.  What else is there to do?  I also looked back at the SMO numbers and we are way, way over what anybody reported for even quintuplets, so that's just not very helpful.

So, most likely triplets.  Triplets that may naturally reduce to two (or even one, I guess).  Or triplets that may hang in there for the duration.  Listen up, babies.  I'm ready if you are.  I am handing you the next year of my life (realizing that this experience will not end at the moment of birth).  Be strong, grow well, let's do this.

We'll have the beginning of some answers a week from today, when we have the ultrasound.  According to the papers Barb sent over, there's a 50% chance of seeing heartbeats at 6 weeks, and by 7 weeks, they should definitely be there.  7 weeks is also the week by which most triplets reduce, if they're going to, so our fate is still a little open even after next week's ultrasound. 

I have complete faith that we can handle whatever life has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment