Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trying to be more eloquent

So, yeah, that was a big number today!  A very big number.

Here's the thing.  As hCG levels rise, the doubling time generally slows (you can look down to my "Jackpot!" post below to see the charts).  Specifically, once it's over 1200, the expected doubling range drops to 48-72 hours.  Doubling at 32 hours for a number as high as ours makes me feel like it's much more likely to be 3 embryos, each pumping out some strong hCG levels (divided by three, our number today would have been 1,673-- still 4 times the median for a singleton).

So, yeah.

I'm thinking it's three.

At 18dpo, a beta of 5,019 is:
  • 4.25 times the median for triplets
  • 6.23 times the median for twins
  • 12 times the median for a singleton
  • Pretty scary, if you think about it.
In the past, my betas have been about 4-5 times the median.  I do like to crank out some hCG.  No doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment