Monday, March 18, 2013

Tired

I'm sitting here yamning at my desk trying to figure out: is it an early pregnancy symptom?  Progesterone reaction?  Not enough sleep last night?  Avoidance tactic (I have two big projects I need to work on)?

Maybe I should get up and take a walk.  That would be more worthwhile than sitting here yawning.

In more energetic news:

The girls and I did a 5K yesterday morning.  Mariela was disappointed when she finished, because she didn't PR, but her spirits lifted when she got a gold medal for placing first in her age group (we did not tell her it was in a field of two!).  Andie did well-- about 30 minutes, so under a 10:00 min/mile-- and placed 8th in her age group.  I placed 34th in mine.  Ha.  I walked all the uphills, to keep my heartrate in check.  The guideline Houston IVF gave was under 140 bpm, which is really reasonable, I think.

We got up to run this morning, but about a half mile in or so, Andie got a stomachache and we turned back.  We've been running 3+ mornings a week really regularly since November.  I'd like to keep it up as long as is possible/reasonable/healthy.  Especially if this is a multiples pregnancy, I feel like I want to stay in as good of condition as possible through mid-pregnancy, when I think my size/condition will have me lay off.  I was telling Rick that I'd like to keep running through the exhaustion and morning sickness.  We'll see if that commitment sticks when the going gets tough.

Blood test tomorrow.  Hoping for a high enough estrogen level that I can lay off of the Estrace pills and just stick to patches (ha! pun!).  And a high enough progesterone level to stay off the evil injections.  Please!  And, of course, a nicely doubling beta level.  Not too worried about that, though.

Lovenox injections continue to be no big deal.  Actually acquiring them is a bit of a hassle-- my pharmacy can't seem to get enough to fill the whole prescription-- but the shot itself is a walk in the park.  A slightly burning park.

No comments:

Post a Comment